Saturday 31 August 2013

Princess Diana 16 Years On

I HAVE never been the type that get obsessed with celebrities or public figures. However, certain deaths of international celebrities and public figures have strangely affected me. The death of Princess Diana in a high speed chase on Sunday August 31, 1997 in Paris, France was one of them.

I remember exactly where I was when I heard the news. Though I can't remember where I had gone, I do remember that I had just reached home and I was about to enter the house when my young sister said, ''Have you heard that Princess Diana has died?''

It came as a great shock to me. But what I found even more shocking was the fact that it hit me like the death of a loved one. I couldn't understand how my heart could be in so much pain over the death of a total stranger I would have never met in a million years. Perhaps that what makes me human.

No comments:

Post a Comment