Friday 11 September 2015

REMEMBERING SEPTEMBER 11


FOURTEEN years ago today, thousands of innocent people lost their lives in the US terror attacks.

As someone once put it, "on that terrible day, a nation became a neighborhood, all Americans (if not the whole world) became New Yorkers."
I will never forget that day, where I was, who I was with or how I felt. Rest in peace to the innocent people that lost their lives on September 11, 2001.
My thoughts and prayers are with all victims and their families, friends and loved ones and the thousands who continue to suffer from illnesses caused by the toxic smoke and debris at Ground Zero.
Remember, this is not a day to entertain conspiracy theories or wallop in Islamophobia. Do not generalize. Empathize and employ a broader thought process.
Also, if there is a lesson to learn from this tragedy, we learn that life is short and there is no time for hate.
‪#‎NeverForget911‬

No comments:

Post a Comment