Wednesday 7 October 2015

STRAIGHT OUTTA COMPTON

I WENT to see Straight Outta Compton last night at The Zone in Rosebank and it left me amazed at how far rap music has come.

Now, probably someone is wondering how a movie that was released on August 14th, 2015 can still be in theaters, two months later. Well, apparently the movie only premiered here in South Africa on October 2.

Though I have been looking forward to seeing this movie, I will admit that it far exceeded my expectations. I don't really have a favorite part. But if this counts, my favorite part of the movie is the whole first 40 minutes. It was funny, sad, entertaining, inspiring and brought back old memories. Every music scene in the movie hit hard in the theaters, the bass and just the way it was filmed was amazing.

Straight Outta Compton is definitely up there among the best  biographical drama films ever produced. This movie should and must definitely win an Oscar!

Also, I never thought this movie would be great to watch or even draw me closer to  Eazy E. Watching Straight Outta Compton really made me feel for this guy. It referred many times to the fact that he admitted he wasn't smart or anything like that; which makes sense as to why he never knew about HIV or AIDS.

The movie is also more or less about the hardships that surround trying to start something that has never been done before. Seeing what these rap pioneers went through and looking at what has become of rap music today just makes me wanna cry.

Man I don't know where I'm going with this, but If you have not seen this movie yet, you are missing out. This is hands down a classic. Go see it, you won't be disappointed!

No comments:

Post a Comment